Our class teachers are Mr Owen and Mrs Spry.
Other adults in class are:
Mrs Kelly and Mrs Potter
Mrs Julie Spry
Writing - During the second part of the Spring term, we will be developing our use of commas to enhance meaning and avoid ambiguity. We will write recounts of our fitness activities, explanation texts of the circulatory system and diary extracts related to our class book, 'Wonder.'
Starting with a Red Cross First Aid training day in order to immerse ourselves in the vocabulary of this topic, we will then put our own bodies to the test by taking the 'fitness bleep test,' every week!
To compliment our topic we will be improving our reading comprehension with this term's class book, 'Wonder' by RJ Palacio. Writing flashback narratives and diary extracts of the book's character, August.
Maths - We will return in week one to our learning on the four quadrants.
To build on our accuracy and fluency in mental calculations and written arithmetic skills, we will continue to tackle a daily combination of 'Mini-maths and Ninja Maths.' In addition, we will be aiming to improve on individual performance in our weekly 'SATs style' arithmetic material, helping us to prepare for the upcoming SATs in May.
Our PE days are now Thursday and Friday. Please make sure that your child has their kit in school in order to participate in this fun, important and compulsory area of school life. Those pupils without kit will use the spare items held by the class teacher.
- Hearing your child read can be difficult at this age, but as often as possible, ask your child questions about their reading book, challenge them to predict what will happen next and ask them to summarise what they have read so far.
- Spellings will be issued on a Tuesday then tested on the following Monday. Handwriting practice sheets will contain their spelling list and the children will have access to 'Literacy Planet' to practise further online.
- Mathletics homework will be set each week. The assignment will relate to an aspect of learning that your child will be familiar with. Please support your child by asking them to explain the aspect of maths that they are practising.
- Each pupil will have a 'One Minute Maths Challenge' which they need to practice at home, in preparation for being tested at points throughout the term.
- In preparation for our SATs in May, the teacher will also send home material to support your child's learning.
Religious Education - On our return in Spring our focus will be Judaism, Lent then Holy Week. (More to follow)
Important Spring Dates
Tuesday 5th March - Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day.)
Wednesday 6th March - Whole School Mass
Thursday 7th March - World Book Day
Wednesday 20th March - Whole School Mass for St Joseph's Day
Friday 29th March - School individual and sibling photographs
Wednesday 3rd April - Stations of The Cross (All Welcome)
Friday 5th April - Last day of term!