Our class teacher is Mrs Spry.
Other adults in class are:
Mrs Penman and Mrs Archer
Mrs Julie Spry
Y6 / Senior Leaderspryj@st-josephs.plymouth.sch.uk
Writing - During the second part of the Autumn term, we will be facing many challenge questions!
Where does rainwater come from?
Why build a reservoir there?
How can electricity be made using water?
We aim to persuade the local community to reduce their water consumption with leaflet distribution and poster campaign. We will ensure our literature is packed full of modal and imperative verbs, varied clause structures and maintains the correct level of formality.
Religious Education - The children will build on all the work undertaken on Sacraments in previous years and it will enable them to explore Sacraments and symbols at a deeper level. In particular the children will reflect on how restoring themselves has an impact on others and the global church. We will then move onto the season of Advent with the focus on the Messiah who is to come.
Maths - to follow.
Our PE days are now Wednesday and Thursday. Please make sure that your child has their kit in school in order to participate in this fun, important and compulsory area of school life. Those pupils without kit will use the spare items held by the class teacher.
- Hearing your child read can be difficult at this age, but as often as possible, ask your child questions about their reading book, challenge them to predict what will happen next and ask them to summarise what they have read so far.
- Spellings will be issued on a Tuesday then tested on the following Monday. Handwriting practice sheets will contain their spelling list and the children will have access to 'Literacy Planet' to practice further online.
- Each pupil will have a 'One Minute Maths Challenge' which they need to practice at home, in preparation for being tested at points throughout the term.
- A weekly skills check will be issued on a Tuesday and needs to be returned on the following Monday
- In preparation for our SATs in May, the teacher will also send home material to support your child's learning.
Important Autumn Dates
Mon - 4th Nov - Y6 liturgy
Mon - 11th Nov - Remembrance Service
Mon - 11th Nov - Anti-bullying Week
Wed - 13th Nov - Y6@Mass