The school will close at 3.30pm on Friday 20th March. After that the school will only be open to children in vulnerable groups decided by the government and children who have a parent working in one of the key worker roles. The key worker children should remain at home whenever possible but can come to school when no other care arrangements can be made.
The list of key roles is included in this document:
The list is more extensive than we thought. It includes:
Health & Social Care Education
Key public services
Some local government officers
Food production, delivery or sale of food products
Transport System workers
Communication and financial services
We will be contacting parents to see if they fall into one of the categories. If they do we will need to know which days they will not be able to make other care arrangements for their child and so will need to send them into school. This service to parents will continue during the weeks that were planned to be the school holidays, i.e weeks beginning 30th March and 6th April. Staff are making considerable sacrifices to make this service available so please only send your child to school when you need to. In these circumstances we are all safer the less contact there is between people. A School Closure letter can be seen under the Parents tab - Coronavirus Info
Our children's interpretation of our aims.
- Make learning fun
- Keep us healthy and happy
- Praise God
- Make choices that Jesus would
- Push us to do our best
- Help the people who look after us
- Make us feel comfortable and safe
- Celebrate our differences
- Feel good about helping others
- Treat each other well
- Remote learning will be available on your child's class page from Monday 23rd March - 9am
- If you need to contact your child's teacher regarding any remote learning, please do so next week during normal school hours: 9.00am - 3.30pm.
- Remote learning will continue to be available during the normal term times.
- Children who do not have access to google classroom will receive work books or paper-based learning activities.
- Foundation Stage will have their own activities on their class page.
Links to advice for safer internet use can be found under the Parents tab - Coronavirus info
Celebrations this week
House Point Totals
St Bernadette’s 3165
St Peter’s 3132
St Paul’s 3110
St Theresa's 2992