Walk to School Month
We are encouraging as many children as possible to walk to school, particularly during the month of October. Almost everybody should be able to see their address and the school on the map you can see below to see how manageable walking to school really is. Less cars from Monday please !
- 15.09.2020 Plymouth City Council Covid19 Information Letter
- New CEO Letter of introduction to CAST Parents & Carers.pdf
- CAST Director of Education Letter to Parents September 2020.pdf
September Wider Opening Update
Plymouth CAST, our Multi Academy Trust, have decided that from Monday 28th September it will be policy that all adults in school will need to wear a face covering. Children should not wear face coverings but staff and any adults who come into the building will need to do so. Staff will not wear a face covering when in the classroom with children but will do so when in communal areas of the school. If you need to speak with a member of staff, even if outside, both of you should wear a face covering. Please respect this policy. If you have a good reason why you should be exempt from this rule please inform the school office.
We have decided that, , on days that they have PE, children should wear their PE kit coming into school and stay in it all day. PE kit is a plain white t-shirt, navy shorts and/or navy tracksuit bottoms/ jogging pants with either plimsolls or trainers.
We are aware that nationally there have been more victims of domestic abuse during the pandemic. Ways to find support if you know, or suspect, someone has suffered from domestic abuse please follow this link : Domestic abuse: get help during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Our children's interpretation of our aims.
- Make learning fun
- Keep us healthy and happy
- Praise God
- Make choices that Jesus would
- Push us to do our best
- Help the people who look after us
- Make us feel comfortable and safe
- Celebrate our differences
- Feel good about helping others
- Treat each other well
- Please find below a document outlining our intent for September 2020
- In the event that your child needs to self isolate lessons will continue in the format you are familiar with, using Google Classroom.
- If you do not have access to Google Classroom at home we are able to supply a device which can ensure they are able to continue class learning.
- KS1 Summer-activity-booklet.pdf
Celebrate Mass with the Cathedral by clicking into Plymouth Cathedral's Youtube channel.
Learning at Home
We really appreciate the help that children enjoyed during closure to complete their work at home. The percentage of children from St Joseph's who engaged regularly with their home learning was far higher than the national average. We hope that we do not have to revert to that type of learning but will be ready to do so in case of any need for individuals or bubbles to isolate. In the first few weeks of being back in school we will ease the children into the 'new normal'. We will not be setting 'homework' for the children to complete out of school hours in these weeks. Children will still be able to access Times Tables Rock Stars and Literacy Planet and of course should still read regularly. When your child's teacher feels it is time to reintroduce formal 'homework' you will be informed.
Please see our parent page for new resources to support your child's return to school.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
If your financial circumstances have changed you may be eligible for free school meals for your child. If you think you may qualify use this link to apply. https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals