September Wider Opening Update
We are planning for all children to return to school in September. All children are due back on Monday 7th September. The way that the school will be organised will be very different to what we used to know as normal. We have tried to predict questions that you and your children may have and have put them, and the answers, in the FAQ document you can find above. ** Please note a late amendment to the original version.Ties should not be worn **
Please also read the newsletter that can be found at the bottom of this page.
One thing that will be far from normal in September will be the absence of Mrs Way from the school. Apart from a short time after her retirement as a teacher Mrs Way has been part of the fabric of St Joseph's for over twenty years. She truly embodies the spirit of the school and will be sorely missed. Good luck and God bless.
We have been blessed with opportunities to support families suffering hardship during this difficult time. The support comes from a number of catholic organisations including The Catholic Children's Society, Caritas and Holy Cross Parish in Yelverton. The support could be in the form of a one off treat for a family up to helping with the replacement of household items which have come to the end of their life during lockdown.
If you feel that you could benefit from support such as this please email Mr Gill email@example.com and he will consider your circumstances and inform the relevant organisation of them.
Our children's interpretation of our aims.
- Make learning fun
- Keep us healthy and happy
- Praise God
- Make choices that Jesus would
- Push us to do our best
- Help the people who look after us
- Make us feel comfortable and safe
- Celebrate our differences
- Feel good about helping others
- Treat each other well
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
If your financial circumstances have changed you may be eligible for free school meals for your child. If you think you may qualify use this link to apply. https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
- Please find below a document outlining our intent for September 2020
- In the event that your child needs to self isolate lessons will continue in the format you are familiar with, using Google Classroom.
- If you do not have access to Google Classroom at home we are able to supply a device which can ensure they are able to continue class learning.
- KS1 Summer-activity-booklet.pdf
Celebrate Mass with the Cathedral by clicking into Plymouth Cathedral's Youtube channel.
Learning at Home