Covid-19 Wider Opening Update
The government have now confirmed the wider opening of schools from June 1st. However we will only be open for vulnerable children, children of keyworkers and Year 6 children. We will not be open to other children in the Foundation Class or Year 1. In the links below you will find two letters to parents explaining our initial plans for the wider opening of the school. One explains the guidelines our Multi Academy Trust ( Plymouth CAST) has given us and the other explains how we are applying that advice in a little more detail. The letter states that all Plymouth CAST schools have been asked to prioritise children of key workers, vulnerable children and Year 6 pupils first. In our plan, once we have allocated appropriate social distancing in our classrooms, it is only children in these groups who we can fit in. Therefore I am afraid we will NOT be able to offer places to Foundation Stage or Year 1 children (unless they are in one of the other categories) at this point in time. Apart from year 6 no other year groups will be invited either. Parents of eligible children who have expressed the desire to send their children into school will be contacted to tell them which pod their child is in. Important information regarding arrangements for wider opening can be seen below.
- Info for families returning on June 1st.pdf
- Key Worker List - gov.uk
- June 1st proposed arrangements letter.pdf
- June 1st Trust letter.pdf
The week beginning 25th May is Half Term. No home learning will be set for that week and the school will not be open to pupils. If keyworkers have emergency needs please contact Mr Gill.
Our children's interpretation of our aims.
- Make learning fun
- Keep us healthy and happy
- Praise God
- Make choices that Jesus would
- Push us to do our best
- Help the people who look after us
- Make us feel comfortable and safe
- Celebrate our differences
- Feel good about helping others
- Treat each other well
- Summer term activities are underway through your child's class page or through Google Classroom
- If you need to contact your child's teacher regarding any remote learning, please do so during normal school hours: 9.00am - 3.30pm.
- Children who do not have access to google classroom will receive work books or paper-based learning activities. You should send photographs of their work to their class teacher.
- Foundation Stage will have their own activities on their class page.
Links to advice for safer internet use can be found under the Parents tab - Coronavirus info.
Learning at Home...