Covid-19 Wider Opening Update
We began the wider opening of our school from June 1st. In the links below you will find two letters to parents explaining our plans for the wider opening of the school. The letter states that all Plymouth CAST schools have been asked to prioritise children of key workers, vulnerable children and Year 6 pupils first. In our plan, once we allocated appropriate social distancing in our classrooms, it is only children in these groups who we can fit in. Therefore I am afraid we will NOT be able to offer places to Foundation Stage or Year 1 children (unless they are in one of the other categories) at this point in time. Important information for parents regarding arrangements for wider opening can be seen below.
Update 19/6/20 - After three weeks of wider opening the school is running quite smoothly. More key worker children have attended school as the time has gone on. This has meant that we have been able to place more children in pods with children closer to their age. The vast majority of children are still engaging really well with their home learning, keep it up ! We are preparing for all children to return full-time in September. We have had to change our planned term dates for next year so now the first day back for children will be Monday 7th September.
- Info for families returning on June 1st.pdf
- Key Worker List - gov.uk
- June 1st proposed arrangements letter.pdf
- June 1st Trust letter.pdf
We have been blessed with opportunities to support families suffering hardship during this difficult time. The support comes from a number of catholic organisations including The Catholic Children's Society, Caritas and Holy Cross Parish in Yelverton. The support could be in the form of a one off treat for a family up to helping with the replacement of household items which have come to the end of their life during lockdown.
If you feel that you could benefit from support such as this please email Mr Gill firstname.lastname@example.org and he will consider your circumstances and inform the relevant organisation of them.
Our children's interpretation of our aims.
- Make learning fun
- Keep us healthy and happy
- Praise God
- Make choices that Jesus would
- Push us to do our best
- Help the people who look after us
- Make us feel comfortable and safe
- Celebrate our differences
- Feel good about helping others
- Treat each other well
Leavers' Mass Feast of St Thomas, Apostle
Friday 3rd July
We are looking forward to many of you being able to join us for our Leavers' Mass celebrated by Bishop Mark O’Toole on Friday 3rd July at 11am. This will be broadcast on the Diocese of Plymouth YouTube channel, live from Plymouth Cathedral. We know how difficult it has been for many children this year who face the transition during such an unprecedented time to secondary school. We wish to do all we can to support this for our children, their families and their schools; so are keen to invite and involve as many children, staff, parish priests, governors, families and parishioners to take part in this Leavers' Mass as possible. If you are unable to join us for Mass at this time on Friday, the recorded version will be available shortly afterwards at the same link.
Learning at Home...
- Summer term activities are underway through your child's class page or through Google Classroom
- If you need to contact your child's teacher regarding any remote learning, please do so during normal school hours: 9.00am - 3.30pm.
- Children who do not have access to google classroom will receive work books or paper-based learning activities. You should send photographs of their work to their class teacher.
- Foundation Stage will have their own activities on their class page.
Links to advice for safer internet use can be found under the Parents tab - Coronavirus info.