Sports Premium 17-18
Sports Premium Grant 2017-18
St Joseph’s received a Sports Premium Grant of £17,420 in the 2017-18 year. The DfE recommend that the grant is aimed at improving PE and Sport provision in 5 areas.
1 Engagement in activity
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
2 Raise Profile
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
3 Increase staff skills
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4 Range of experiences
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5 Competitive Sport
- increased participation in competitive sport
How the grant was planned to be used, and the impact it had, in the 2017 -18 year can be seen on the pdfs below.
14 of the present of the 17 year 6 children attended swimming lessons while at St Joseph’s. Only 5 achieved the National Curriculum expected standards at that time. That is 36% of the children who attended the lessons. 3 children have joined us subsequently without having attended swimming lessons at their previous schools. That means 29% of the class have achieved the necessary standard. Sports Premium money will be used to fund top-up swimming lessons for these children and a number of year 5 children who also did not achieve the standard in year 4.